Saturday, September 20, 2008

"Race Cars Make the Road Burp"

It's true - kids say the darndest things. I could rattle off several, but this one caught me off guard Friday morning as I was driving Raymond to school. He said, "You know what, Mommy? Race cars make the road burp." At first I thought he was just saying the silliest thing he could think of, but then I realized he thought he was making sense. Just then, I heard the revving of a motorcycle not far behind us and he said, "See?" The revving of a motorcycle and the loud engines on the many tractor trailers we drive next to everyday, along with race cars, do resemble human burps I suppose. I had to burst his bubble and let him know that the sounds were coming directly from the vehicles, and not causing the road to make the noises. Seeing the world through a child's eyes never ceases to surprise me.

No comments: