Friday, September 26, 2008

Time Out

We try to use the "time out" technique when the boys do or say something their not supposed to. Sometimes it works, sometimes it doesn't. I was going to start using it with Maddox when he turned two, but one day when Rachel was folding laundry, she sat him on the chair next to her to keep her company (and separated him from Raymond), and he immediately started crying! It was obvious he thought he was being punished.

Anyway, the other day I was putting Raymond in time out, when he interrupted me with, "Wait Mommy, I have to tell you something in Spanish," and proceeded with rattling off the days of the week in Spanish. I started laughing because I had no idea he could do that! He still served his time out, but he sure knows how to try to get out of it. If only he knew the days of the week in English...

No comments: