Thursday, October 2, 2008

The Best Words

So Ray left today for John's bachelor party festivities in California and we won't be meeting up with him for a week. Poor Raymond was bawling after we dropped him off already missing him (okay, I was, too). So, we read lots of books tonight, and to cheer him up I used a sheet to tuck under the mattress of his top bunk, creating a fort in his bottom bunk. He was SO excited he couldn't stand it! After I scratched his head for a few minutes and said goodnights, as I was walking away he said, "You're a nice mommy." I couldn't help but tear up. They were the perfect words in a perfect moment. Such reassuring words after all the time-outs of the day, where I second-guess myself as to whether he was just being a kid and I need to lighten up or he really deserved it. Now, hopefully he'll stay in bed...

No comments: